As the title suggests, this blog is about Indians. To be honest, I might not be able to set the tone of the blog but just wanted to share some observations.
We, Indians, are very interesting, complex and weird people. May be these observations might be true for other races too, but I cannot confirm or deny it. I can talk about Indians because I am an Indian and I can observe my fellow countrymen with some more details as compared to others.
This blog is dedicated to those Indians who are not residing in India and specifically residing in USA. Why USA? Because I am in USA. Hence my observations about only USA residing Indians. My observations does not mean that I am not a part of it. So, don’t think that I am any different than the rest. Folks I, myself behave the same way.
- We think that we are the only capable person who has the privilege to live in USA. The moment, an Indian sees another Indian, he thinks that how the other person managed to come and live in USA.
- We don’t like what we are and we all strive to be someone else. For e.g. – We want to have an American ascent and we strive hard to achieve it. We want to achieve it so that we can communicate with locals. I might be wrong, but I feel we are the only race doing that. I see other Asians (with really difficult English ascent) not trying hard to change it.
- We really dislike each other. We will not go to a particular restaurant just because it is famous among Indians. We will not sign an apartment lease because many Indians stays there. We will not go to a particular vacation spot due to its popularity among Indians.
- We are really pretentious and have double standards for what is done in India and what is done in USA. Let me give you some examples.
- We like and appreciate Arnold Schwarzenegger’s movies where he alone destroys an entire battalion but we criticize when Dharmendra or Sunny Deol does the same thing.
- We enjoy Harry Potter movies where between two wizards shoot electricity from their wands but we laugh and make jokes when similar things are shown in Mahabharata or Ramayana.
- We are enthralled to see James Bond do all the crazy actions without getting any wrinkles on his blazer but we want to talk physics when Rajnikant or Mithun kills two people with one single bullet.
- We talk about cleanliness in USA and we just go shooting crap all over the street the moment we land in India.
- We will never visit any orphanage in India but we put up a live show in USA.
- We will be preaching anti-corruption all the way in USA but the moment we land on any Indian airport, we will try to bribe the custom officer.
The list is too long but I hope you get the gist. I know many readers will be offended by this but folks this is just for fun. As I said, I do subset of all the things above.
Just read it, laugh on it and forget..